1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Brown meat in skillet
3. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add noodles, cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain water.
4. Using a blender, add sauce, cottage cheese. Blend til smooth. Spoon mixture into cooking pan
5. Place layer of cooked noodles over sauce and sprinkle a portion of cheeses over noodles.
6. Add layer of cooked meat
7. Repeat layers but last layer should be finished with noodles and cheese.
8. Bake in the oven for 45-60mins or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
9. Eat entire portion in one setting.
Hope you enjoy. We eat like Kings over here. Recipe courtesy of N.
The STRONGEST frozen margaritas in town are at Sol Aztecas at 2350 Frankfort Ave. Most of the time, I will bypass the frozen stuff and have a fresh margarita on the rocks. Don't do that here. For those of you who know me personally, I like to drink....sometimes A LOT. Two of these bad boys and I'm straight up tipsy. Lots of these places around town so not sure if they are stronger here than any other faux Mexican joint so do some research and get back to me.
SUMMARY: GET A FROZEN MARGARITA. MAYBE TWO. GET SOME TYLENOL ON THE WAY HOME FOR THE MORN....
This recipe is easy. Go get the ingredients and make a large pot.
2lbs ground chicken (or beef, turkey, bison)
2 pkgs Chili Seasoning
4 cans of beans ( I do an assortment, black, kidney, chili hot, etc)
2 cans diced green chiles (jalapenos if you like it hot)
1 tbsp garlic powder
3 cans tomato sauce
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp sea salt
1. Chop onion and place in skillet. Add chicken. Season with a teaspoon of chili powder. Brown chicken.
2. While chicken is browning, take beans, diced chiles, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and add to slow cooker or pot.
3. Add cinnamon, cumin, sea salt, and chili seasoning.
4. Put cooked chicken and onions in cooker.
5. Set on high, cook for 4 hours.
6. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
7. Don't forget the hot sauce.
A good brew to enjoy with your chili is tafelbier from the New Albanian Brewing company. Get a growler and go fill it up. If you don't have one, they have them there.
The Onion has amazing healthy benefits. They are packed full of natural antioxidants and some studies show they help to fight cancer. Also, if you are interested in fiber, the onion has that too.
Additional benefits: Looking to appear a tad more tender? Have problems showing your softer side? Just chop an onion and watch the tears flow. Your better half will think you have finally found that inner peace and tenderness he/she has been wanting. CHA-CHING!!!
We put onions in most meals we make at home, and they seem to only make it better.
Most of my friends know that I like to seek out and find the cheapest, best wine. In fact, if you ever let me come to your party, I will not be ashamed to brag about how little I spent on the wine I bring over. Now, I have no experience in wine tasting, I can't tell the difference between a pinot noir and a cabernet but I know what I like. The wine above is a good buy, its very cheap and tasty. Please check out their website.
In our house, we really like our crockpot. We normally make a meal on Sunday that lasts us for most of the week. Its easy, throw in and go. If you don't have a crockpot, you should buy one, but for now you can use a conventional stove pot. This is whats for dinner on Quincy.
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI:
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken or ground chicken 4 (15oz) Great Northern Beans or Navy Beans (for the sailors out there) 2 (15oz) Hominy or white corn (I like the hominy) 2 cans chopped Green Chiles 2 Taco Seasoning 2 (10.75oz) cans cream of Chicken Soup 2(14oz) can chicken broth 1 cup Sour Cream chopped green onion monterey jack cheese
1. Place chicken in a slow cooker or pot 2. Top with beans and corn 3. Add Chiles, condensed soup, chicken broth, taco seasoning 4. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. On high it will cut time in half. Walk away
Go to wine store, buy a bottle(s) of wine, come home, open wine, drink wine.
5. Before serving, if you use chicken breasts, break up chicken. 6. Stir in sour cream 7. Serve topped with green onions and jack cheese.