Monday, January 31, 2011
YUMMY. You GOTTA make this dish!!!
What you'll need:
Noodles (spaghetti, vermicelli)
1. Bring water to boil, add uncooked noodles. (10 mins)
2. Put Tablespoon of olive oil in pan.
3. With about three minutes before noodles are done, crack and put 4 eggs in skillet with medium heat.
3. Noodles should now be finished and eggs should just starting to turn a little white. Yolks should still be runny. Be careful to not use too much heat or eggs will become fried.
4. Drain noodles and add to pan on top of eggs. Remove from heat. Allow heat from noodles to cook remaining eggs. Stir pan, noodles will break up yolks and make a yummy mixture. If too dry, add a little water.
6. Think about how wonderful this blog is.
7. Send me a gift ($100 dollar minimum)
HOPE YOU TRY THIS RECIPE!!!
Monday, January 24, 2011
I've added a new feature to the left side of the page. Please go and vote for your favorite restaurant of the 4. If you have never eaten at any of these establishments, or if you don't live near any of these restaurants, or if you are a tightwad and refuse to spend money outside of Orville Redenbacher's delicious popcorn and a movie at home, JUST VOTE ANYWAY.
The winning establishment will get a louisvilledine award hand delivered by yours truly.
Do your part and vote..............
Monday, January 17, 2011
Pomegranates are super. I bet you don't eat enough pomegranate. It's not necessarily a fruit you think of grabbing at the store and it can sometimes be difficult to find. However, POM juice can be found most everywhere and its worth picking some up.
Not only are pomegranates good for your heart and blood vessels but they have been shown to inhibit breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, leukemia and to prevent vascular changes that promote tumor growth.
Pomegranates' potent antioxidant compounds have also been shown to reduce platelet aggregation and naturally lower blood pressure, factors that prevent both heart attacks and strokes.3 Pomegranates contain high levels of flavonoids and polyphenols, potent antioxidants offering protection against heart disease and cancer. A glass of pomegranate juice has more antioxidants than red wine, green tea, blueberries, and cranberries
Pomegranate juice has also been found to contain phytochemical compounds that stimulate serotonin and estrogen receptors, improving symptoms of depression and improving bone mass.
SUPER DUPER. FLY TO KROGER LIVE HEALTHY
Friday, January 14, 2011
The winter blahs are upon us. Grey skies, cold blowing sucky wind. Is spring ever coming?
Eat these foods, they should help lift your spirits and drive away that winter bastardy feeling.
Lentils - low levels of folate and vitamin B have been linked to depression, exhaustion and the blahs. Lentils are rich in folate and vitamin B. Who would have thought it?
Salmon - loaded with Omega-3s that will boost your mood and feelings of well being.
Kale - high in calcium and will help you feel relaxed and sooth jittery nerves.
Brown Rice - rich in complex carbs, will keep your blood sugar levels nice and give you lots of energy
Next time we meet, you'd better be in a good mood. No excuses.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
It's snowing. Snow Cream needs to be made.
1 gallon of snow
1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Milk to consistency
Let snow fall in clean bowl. Add sugar and vanilla, then milk to consistency. Put snow cream in container with nice pretty logo and then sell it to folks that don't get snow.
PS. No yellow snow or clumpy snow should be used.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Like fried chicken? Good golly I sure do. Growing up, fried chicken was consistently being served somewhere, or at someones house, or at church, or at home. Trust me, I know fried chicken.
You Gotta Eat:
INDI'S FAST FOOD
1033 W. Broadway
502 589 7985
Its tasty...and cheap.
On a recent visit, we got two snacker boxes which includes two pieces of chicken and a side order. You can upgrade and get breast for 50cents extra. For the sides we went with mac n cheese and broccoli casserole. We also picked up the Keel for an extra 2.75. The Keel is the most tasty part of the chicken. All white meat and flavorful. Indi's also has some great hot sauce for 27cents. On this visit we got 4.
Good meal, better than the other well known chicken in town, and definitely a lot cheaper.
Don't be turned off by where this place is located. Its well worth the trip.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
1. Nuts - Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts are great because they are high in fiber. Fiber keeps you feeling fuller longer and will help you from overeating.
2. Leafy Greens - all are high in nutrients like folate and Vitamin A/C. This leafy wonder will lower your risk of cancer, prevent diabetes and lower blood pressure.
3. Onions - (see prior post titled The Amazing Onion) can reduce asthma symptoms and help prevent stomach cancer. The stronger the onion, the greater the benefit.
4. Yogurt - can improve digestion, when purchasing look for "active cultures" to maximize.
5. Whole Grains - brown rice, quinoa and whole oats will actually shrink the fat storage cells around your belly. Who doesn't need this?
*please consult your doctor before changing your diet.
VOILA!! A new healthy you......
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Well 2010, is gone... on forward to 2011. Had a nice break, visited with friends, spent time with family and I must say I'm kinda glad life can return to normal now. I'm tired of celebrating.
I hope everyone sticks to their new year resolutions.....in case you have trouble, please check out this article..